Thursday, August 10, 2006

Finding My Way : Singapore Drug

As I set foot in the doors of Insomnia, I could hear the loud banging of the drums along with the voice of a lady singing to Shakira's latest hit, Hips Don't Lie. The podium was small enough to fit five people and all the other instruments, drum set, guitars, keyboard and a few microphones. Everywhere I turned, there were people dancing to the beat and shaking their sweaty bodies with a glass in their hand.

Joe*, Tim*, Debbie and me made our way to the bar and gathered near the steps which divided the dance floor and the bar. After a round of beers, we decided that maybe it was best if we had ordered a bottle of Chivas. Nothing beats a night of loud music and some liquid gold running down our thirsty throats. As I looked around, I could see many people haing a good time, moving their body to the beat and downing their drinks. Some were trying to chat up some girls, some were trying to hook up young guys... Debbie and the two guys were having fun chatting away, getting to know each other as I was just merely observing everyone. There were people who didn't care what others thought of them,while there were some who were too concious about what others think of them.

I have finished my drink and decided to return the glass to the bartender. As I made my way to the bar, I could see that there was a person with short hair sitting on the stool which was there. Next to him was another guy who was just enjoying his drink alone. They didn't seem like they were there together. Not bothered by the thought of why they were there, I squeezed in between and reached my arm out to return the glass. Then there it was, a song that the band was playing, Sweet Child. As I moved my body away from the bar, the guy turned towards me and leaned in towards my ear and said simultaneously with the band,"Where do we go now?" I was stunned. The first thing that came into my mind was , "Don't you have a better pick up line?". I was so close to bursting out with laughter that I didn't want to seem rude so I forced a smile out of me.

I approached my ring of friends, nervously asking if there was a phone call for me. I was expecting to meet a very old friend that night. She had set up a meet at that bar because her friend had booked a table there. I had not seen my friend Jac* in over 6 years. I was nervous and excited. I didn't really know what to expect. After a few minutes, Tim* leaned over and conveyed the message to me,"She's waiting at the entrance". At that time I was filled with relief and at the same time I was really nervous as well. I walked towards the entrance of the club and looked around frantically. Has she lost weight? Maybe she put on some weight. Maybe she did cosmetic surgery and she had her skin bleached. I was so nervous I couldn't really see where I was going.

Then there she was, in all white with a black polka-dotted sash round her waist. She looked amazing! She still looked the same as before, skinny but more beautiful. I was so stunned I didn't know how to react. Next thing I knew I was screaming with her with my arms both spread out reaching to hug her. The feeling to relief to see someone dear after being alone in a foreign land for so long was undescribeable. We decided to go inside the club to my ring of friends. I introduced her to all of them and they were all getting along fine. I was happy to see everyone getting along so well with each other.

Not long after that, few of her friends joined us. At that time I was already slightly tipsy from all the liquid gold that I drank to quench my thirst. I remembered clearly I was dancing on the dance floor and one of her friends approached me. She was wearing a black halter top with jeans and shiny dangling earrings. She was dancing with me and while we were at it, we mutually leaned into each other and then there it was, the fantasy of every guy which they would love to experience, two girls kissing. I knew I was tipsy and I could feel her lips on mine. Eventually I felt more than that. I felt her hands on my breasts. After the whole kissing scene, she told me her husband was not too far away. Hmm...what more can I expect? I kissed a married woman while I was out with my future-husband-to-be(my 5 yr deal). Not really a nice way to convince him that I would be a fit mother to his kids in 5 years' time is it?

I guess some of you would ask me if I enjoyed my little encounter with the lesbian wife and also question my sexual orientation. Well, I did enjoyed the kiss and I also enjoyed the undisclosed kiss I had with a guy that night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Keep on writting

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home