Thursday, July 27, 2006

Finding My Way : Sexual Preference?




This posting is none other than my trying to get back on my feet again in life. For those who know me well enough, you know how very much I like the male gender and how much they are able to affect my life.

All my life, I have encountered many males from different shapes, sizes, ethics, cultures and races. I got to thinking the other day,"Why should I always let myself suffer so much pain because of men?"

After some enlightening thoughts from friends about turning to the other side, maybe it is not such a bad idea afterall. This is merely because of my one love that has shattered my heart and I don't think I am able to fall in love with a man again for a long time.

Will the females instead, be able to change my mind? Will they be able to make me fall in love again? The thought about being in a relationship with the person of the same gender was no different than being in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex? I wondered about the consequences about switching over. Would my friends cast me aside just because I don't prefer people of the opposite sex anymore? Would I only have friends who are gay and not straight? Would I be able to be straight again? Will I ever be able to trust men again?

This thought of confusion has made me think of many scenarios, like if I were to be able to fit in with the rest of the people back at home. Will they be able to accept me for who I have become? Will I be able to have a domestic partner of the same sex that the neighbours will be able to accept?

Besides, what does it matter if I do end up with a male or a female? I've gotten my heart broken so badly that I have closed the doors to love and hope so it makes no difference in the gender. For those who have any comments about my future sexual preference, please leave me a comment or two to let me know what you all think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Perky said...

Ooh i love the age-old debate about sexual preference. My closest friends are mostly gays (les & bi included) so I've got a pretty good insight about their world haha. I think that your sexual orientation is not something you can choose; it's either you are or you're not. So it's not something you can go "ok today I'm gonna be gay".

But with that said, I also believe in trying everything at least once. So if you wanna experiment, go ahead. But if u find yourself attracted to a guy the next day, then that's ok too. Anne Heche's a bi and so what?

Dun worry about being judged by people. They're only people. At the end of the day what matters most is between you and God (cheh...).

All the best!

- Mother of the 'sistas' and 'brothas'-

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not believe you can chose. You just fall. It is like you fall in an endless stream of air and noone to hold you.. and then you realize the person and that person is what you love with all your soul and heart :-) Be strong!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home