Sunday, August 13, 2006

Finding My Way : Arsenic

The moment I arrived in Dubai, I decided to get myself something nice to make me happy. I have all proper equipments with me for a couple of months but are merely stored in the cupboard due to my lack of motivation and interest to hook it up.

The phone rang at 1.30pm and I was still groggy from my couple of hours' sleep. I mumbled words stating that I needed another 10 minutes of shut eye and dozed back off. No later than a few minutes of shut eye, the blasted phone started to ring again. I had to drag myself out from under the sheets and make my way to my bathroom to clean myself and freshen up. Mouth and teeth cleaned and rinsed, hair in a mess(as usual), eyes swollen and body aching. I was almost as good as ready. I dragged my weight back to my room and put on my black singlet along with an army-printed mini. I felt too lazy to tackle my footsteps with highheels so I slipped on a pair of my DC skater shoes. Just before I set a foot out the main door, I took a glance of myself in the mirror. "Something's missing..."I couldn't really figure out what was, so I went back to my bedroom only to find my darling pair of Gucci's on the dresser. As I slowly place them on my face to cover my swelling eyes I thought to myself,"Now, I'm ready".

I felt really lazy and lethargic but I just had to drag my feet to the elevator to meet my friend over at his place. After a while of chit-chatting, we decided to leave the house. The heat outside was excruciating and we hurried to the car to spare ourselves from the potential heat-stroke that me might suffer from. After a few minutes of driving around in the 48 degree heat, we found ourselves at a dodgy little store with noisy chirping birds. Then there she was, in a glass frame. I fell in love with her. Immediately I took her home and wrote clearly on a piece of paper for my roomate to see,"A-R-S-E-N-I-C".

Later that night, after a few more outings and a movie, I decided to check on my newfound drug. Then there it was, lying there in the glass container while I just stood there starring into it. Ayda, my roomate came over and screamed her head off when she saw what was in the glass container. "What are you planning to do now?" I replied telling her I wasn't really sure.

We had to flush it down the toilet eventually. We couldn't just throw it in the garbage bin, it's inhumane! We said our goodbyes and went through with it.

By the way, it was a goldfish. Hope it was a good read.

1 Comments:

Blogger jitpunkia said...

holla

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home