Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Finding My Way : Professionalism

Life at work is constantly measured by the level of professionalism one is able to achieve at their work place. When one gets their personal matters in the way of work, is it as professional as it should be? Or are we simply just humans to let it happen?

For instance, in a recent occurance, I was told three weeks ago that I was to continue serving RTM right after my practical ends. I was unsure of the confirmation due to the verbal agreement and no paperwork was done to support it. I asked again three days before my practical ended. Not only did my superior got annoyed at me for asking again, he got pissed off at me (for whatever reasons I do not know). He told me once I finished my practical, I finish like everyone else. So I am left jobless with no salary for last month.

Things took a sudden turn around due to his inconsistency and also his so-called 'professionalism' at work. Was this a good example of professionalism? How do we know how professional is professional? In other words, what constitutes professionalism at a work place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home