Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finding My Way : Expectations in Life

How much should we expect in life?

How much should one expect in life? Most people would say expect the highest in everything they do. Would you agree to that? Yes? No? Maybe? Well, for me, I would not say I don't have expectations in life. Like many others, I do. For example, I expect to meet the man of my dreams and settle down with him. But the thing is, how much should I be expecting if I were to expect?

Confusing as it may sound, let me spend some time to clarify how I do the whole 'expectations' in life. In everything I do, I do not expect that much. For example, the Emirates Cabin Crew interview. I was not expecting to get it at all. Honest. I just went and see how it went and I was chosen. Some of the girl who went cried their eyes out because they didn't make it through the next round. It made me think. Should I really expect as much as they do? I guess for me it is just plain simple, the more one would expect, the lower they would get if they don't get what they expect.

Expectations of flying

What are my expectations when I start to fly? Honestly, it's pretty hard to say. Many would say they expect to have a great time with the rest of the crews and expect to have minimal work to do onboard. Should I agree with them? Well, I do expect hard work, that is working like a dog in the first month of flights but I do not expect me to know what to do in the first few flights. It is hard to say what your expectations are especially when you have never really experienced it beforehand. I was in the sauna earlier this morning and stumbled upon a lady who came in the sauna naked. Well, anyways, she started talking to me about her expectations in life. She calls Dubai her home now. She has been here for 7 years. It got me thinking, would I dare to expect to be living in Dubai for 7 years? Would it be my next home? I was afraid of expecting that because what if I don't get to spend 7 years here in Dubai? What if things in life took a sudden turn and I had to move elsewhere? Would I be more devastated because I already set my expectations to live here?

Think about it, should we expect as much as we do? Or should we save ourselves the trouble of going through the hurt and pain by not expecting as much if our goals didn't turn out as we expected it to?

2 Comments:

Blogger jitpunkia said...

ro .. d pics look great

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is interesting thing about life. when one desires for anything but the best, one may very often get it

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home